Are you experiencing any of these?
- A feeling that you or the world moves while sitting still, in certain positions, or with movement
- Staggering while walking straight or when turning
- A need to look downward to confirm the walking surface
- Touching or leaning onto something when standing
- Difficulty walking in the dark
- Difficulty maintaining straight posture with head out of centerline
- Difficulty in focusing or tracking objects with the eyes while moving your head
- Hearing loss or distorted hearing
Then you are probably suffering from Dizziness, Imbalance, or Vertigo for which the reasons can be many!
What is the source of dizziness?
Dizziness is generally not very serious, but it may be due to a mechanical problem or due to an inner ear disorder or also, a side effect of medications, a sign of neck disorder, or a mydepression-help.com problem such as a brain or a heart condition.
Is there a way to get out of this…?
Vestibular rehabilitation is an exercise-based program, designed by a trained vestibular physical therapist, to improve balance and lessen problems related to dizziness.
A physical therapist assesses your symptoms and reviews your medical history. The assessment includes:
- Balance and strength
- Walking pattern
- Visual stability
- Neck mobility and stability
Positional testing with specialized equipment called Frenzel Lenses to detect abnormal eye movements
What happens in Physical Therapy and how long I have to continue the treatment?
Based on the evaluation, a plan of care is developed, aiming at the expectations from your own life. Patients are typically seen once or twice each week for a month or two, but this may change based on the patient’s diagnosis, severity, and response to therapy.