Personalized Proactive Positive Outlook
GERIATRIC DEPARTMENT AT SANCHETI HOSPITAL serves to treat patients more than 65yrs of age. Health needs as well as approach to disease in this age group differs from the younger population. Frail elderly are at risk of falls, delirium, aggravation of existing medical problems and postoperative complications. Reduced mobility can mask serious underlying illness. Thus, require focused individualized care and psychological support. Multidisciplinary team at Sancheti hospital closely works together to provide the coordinated treatment plans. Goal of the treatment is to promote healthy aging by improving functional independence. Emotional and social concerns are weighed equally in the context involving family and caregivers in the management care plans. A patient-oriented approach is followed throughout.
EXCLUSIVE ELDERLY CLINIC
Why the need?
An exclusive elderly clinic is aimed to provide holistic care.As age advances there is increase in the occurrence of chronic, degenerative and progressive diseases like dementia, cancer, cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. Diseases interact with aging effects to cause geriatric specific complications called Geriatric Syndromes.Care is required at multiple levels. Medical intervention as well as rehabilitative services are equally important.
- A typical presentation of common medical problem can be seen
- Psychological and socioenvironmental problems complicate physical health
- Adverse drug reactions are common
- Medications dose need to be modified.
COMMON GERIATRIC CONDITIONS
- Heart conditions – hypertension, high cholesterol
- Dementia – memory loss
- Incontinence – urine and stool
- Breathing problems – asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia
- Balance issues
- Parkinson’s disease
- Vision and hearing problems
- Substance abuse
- Chronic kidney diseases
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment (includes physical, mental, functional, social, and environmental domains)
- Optimization of medications to minimize adverse effects
- Falls and osteoporosis management
- Structured plans for geriatric syndromes
- Helping in decision making for surgical procedures and comfort care
- Screening for common geriatric syndromes and cancers
- Diet and exercise programs
- Inpatient care
- Regular follow-up of chronic conditions
- Rehabilitative care
We plan to reduce the gap of information, improve communication and coordination of care services.