- What are the three types of shoulder surgery?
Consider all the different directions your arm can be moved: above, behind, to the side, and in front of your body. A healthy shoulder joint is necessary for all of this movement. Rehabilitative procedures like physical therapy are usually the first step in shoulder injury recovery. This therapy could work or show that the injury is too severe and surgery is required. Three main types of surgeries are:
- Rotator cuff repair
- Total shoulder joint replacement surgery
- Arthroscopy for frozen shoulder
- Do I need physical therapy after shoulder surgery?
To fully recover from a shoulder operation, regular workouts are crucial to helping your shoulder regain its range of motion and flexibility while easing you back into your normal activities.
- Will I need to wear a sling after shoulder surgery?
You must wear a sling in the first six weeks following surgery. After that, you might keep the sling on for further support or safety.
- How long does it take to recover from shoulder surgery?
The average recovery time is six to eight-week. Postoperative pain management is the first step in the recovery process. After the procedure, the arm will be immobilised in a sling, and the recovery period will comprise physical therapy with a physiotherapist to regain range of motion and strength.
- What is the fastest way to recover from shoulder surgery?Here are our top tips for faster recovery from rotator cuff surgery:
- Keep your shoulder immobilized following surgery
- Follow your physical therapy routine
- Sleep in the proper position
- Be aware of complications
- Take care of your dressing
- Use ice and heat compressions
- Consider your clothing
- Ask your doctor or physical therapist if you have questions